Monday, October 8, 2012

Miquelrius

 After weeks of dealing with the insane feathering and bleed though with my Moleskins, I decided it was time to throw in the towel. I was planning on ordering some A5 notebooks online from either Rhodia or Clairefontaine. Where I live, there aren't really any shops or stores that really cater  to fountain pens or different types stationary, so mostly everything I buy is online. Hence,  I've been ogling some really nice notebooks online since I started this semester at Uni. Before I even had a chance to order anything, I came across a particular brand while I was browsing at my local Barnes and noble.
Is a Spanish company based out in Barcelona. A papeleria (Paper store) that specializes in school accessories and other paper products. I ended up buying their A5 graph organizer notebook, they only had it in black at B&N. They had smaller ones that were lined and different colors, all of them were made with plastic covers and spiral binding.
I love the paper quality and was really surprised that B&N had this in stock. The paper is a bit thinner then clairefontaine paper, but it still is very fountain pen friendly. No feathering that i can see and minimal bleed thorough. I'm really happy with this brand considering that I thought it was inexpensive, around 6 for the smaller ones and 9 for the graph one.
                                                                                  
I usually use a fine nib so I still haven't seen how the paper holds up to a bold or stub. In the sample I'm using a Lamy Safari in F nib with Lamy blue ink.I really don't think I would have much of a problem though.

*Note- I haven't replaced my camera yet, therefore, I'm having trouble zooming in closer to show more detail. Hopefully I'll be able to replace my camera since it's on it's last legs :(
                                                                  (back of paper)
 My favorite feature about this notebook is the colored edges that separate the paper into different sections. This is so useful if you use this notebook for school, especially since the edges tear apart.
 Overall, I think this a brand worth looking into. My only gripe is the teeny tiny selection B&N has for Miquelrius. Check them out at their website for more options or your local B&N

-Miss Darline



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting